Sunday, August 7, 2011

Little Girl Lost: Punkin's Story (FROM BRUISES TO BEAUTY)

She may be young, but she's ready. At 18 years old, Punkin is in her first real relationship. Her man's name is Andre and she has been the happiest she's ever been since she's been with him. Living in a house with an alcoholic mother who doesn't just abuse liquor isn't easy. She abuses men and Punkin just as bad. Andre's going to change all of that though. He promised to save her and give her a better life, and when it's time for him to show and prove, Punkin gets more than she ever expected...
'
     "Punkin!"
     "Oh, my God! What now?" Punkin said to herself instantly irritated by the sound of her mother's voice.
     "PUNKIN!" her mother yelled from the bottom of the stairs a little louder this time.
     Punkin stomped over to her bedroom door and yanked it open. "What do you want?! Damn!" she yelled.
     "Gimmie three dollas so I can get some cigarettes!" her mother demanded.
     "Don't Eddie got three dollas fo' you? I ain't got no money!" Punkin yelled then slammed her door.
     "You don't slam no door in my muthafuckin' house!" Punkin's mother screamed then marched up the stairs to Punkin's bedroom. She threw the door open and found Punkin leaning against her dresser with her arms folded.
     "I'm not in the mood right now, Punkin. Gimme three dollas now. I gotta get me some cigarettes." she growled.
     Punkin's stomach turned. She hated her mother's stench of cigarettes and malt liquor. She glared at Punkin through bloodshot eyes.
     "I'm not playin' witchu."
     "I don't have no money, Momma. Get outta my face." she said and shoved her mother away.
     Her mom stumbled backwards and fell. More because of the four 24 ounce cans of Olde English 800 she drank that day than Punkin's shove.
     She stood up and charged at Punkin who jumped out of the way and watched her mother slam into her dresser.
     Trying to hold back her laugh, Punkin reasoned with her mother. "Gone somewhere, Momma! I don't wanna fight witchu!" she said as her mother scrambled to her feet.
     "Get out my house, you hoe! Call that nigga you been fuckin' witcho fast ass!" Carole rushed Punkin again this time catching her off guard and knocking her to the floor. She climbed on top of her and grabbed her hair.
     Punkin kicked her legs and swung her fists in an attempt to get her mother off of her, but Punkin's never been much of a fighter. Carole yanked her hair and slapped her a few times in the face.
     "Get the fuck off me!" Punkin screamed.
     Carole slapped Punkin one last time before getting off of her.
     "Get out! I want you outta here, bitch!" Carole yelled.
     "I don't give a fuck! I wanna get away from yo' drunk ass anyway!" Punkin yelled back. She stomped past her mother and hurried down to the kitchen. She grabbed a garbage bag and took it back up to her room.
     "I'm 'bout to go stay with Dre." she said aloud to herself. He told her he lived in a nice condo in Beachwood. She knew he wouldn't mind her staying there.
     Punkin had been seeing her new boyfriend, Andre for about a month. She had fallen completely in love with him already. Punkin had never met a guy like him before. Andre was older and mature. He was doing his thang in the hood selling weed so he had paper. He bought her a D&G bag for their three week anniversary. Andre had fallen in love with her too and it was time for him to make good on his promise. "I'ma take you away from all this one day. Don't worry 'bout nothin'." he'd always say. "You gon' be my wife. I love you so much." Andre treated her like a woman instead of some young hoodrat. He took her to her very first nice hotel. This man was her soul mate.
     Punkin flung open her dresser drawers and stuffed as much clothing as would fit into the garbage bag then sat it by her bedroom door. She grabbed her toothbrush, deodorant, and the rest of her toiletries then stuffed them in her D&G bag.
     "I ain't never coming back!" she said as she threw her bag on her shoulder and grabbed her garbage bag full of clothes.
     Punkin hurried out of the house and started walking. When she got to the end of her street she pulled her cellphone from her pocket and dialed Andre's number. Her heart melted when she heard his sexy voice.
     "Hello..."
     "Hey, babe. I need you to come get me. I just got finished fighting my mother. She put me out."
     "Naw. I can't do it." he said nonchalantly.
     "Huh?" Punkin said confused. She looked at her phone trying to make sure she heard him right. "What you mean no?"
     "I got my son. I'ma be wit him and his mother for the rest of the day."
     "But... But I'm out here stranded with all my clothes. Can't you just come, drop me off at your house, then go back with your son?"
     "Bitch, I said no! Call somebody else!" Andre screamed into the phone then hung up in her face.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment