Monday, August 1, 2011

The Beginning of the end. Tracey's story. (FROM BRUISES TO BEAUTY)

Tracey finds out that she's pregnant. She tells Andre that she doesn't want to keep the baby. He wants to know why, but she has a secret that won't let her tell him why.

     "I promise!" Andre sobbed. He got down on his knees, wrapped his arms around Tracey's waist, and laid his head on her stomach. "Please, Tray, I promise. I'ma change. C'mon, please... Don't kill my baby Tracey!" Andre continued to cry.
     "Get off of me." Tracey replied and tried to push him away.
~
     Yes. Tracey was eight weeks pregnant and she had decided to get an abortion. She and Andre had only been dating for nine months and the last seven have been nothing short of a nightmare. Tracey had become a prisoner in her own home after two months of dating. Andre pushed his way in. He just showed up at her door with two garbage bags full of clothes and an XBox 360.
     Up until then, their relationship had been like a fairy tale. Andre was the most beartiful man she'd ever seen. He was mocha complected and looked a lot like the actor Morric Chesnut. He reminded her of Paul Owens, the cutest boy in her third grade class. She'd been lucky enough to be his girlfriend for one month that school year. And it made her feel so good because she was known as "Gappy Gappy Over Lappy" for her crooked teeth and large gap in the front two. He chose her despite her flaws.
     That's the feeling Andre gave her when he pursued her. The super handsome, popular dope boy picks the average skinny black girl with the gap in her teeth.
     So when Andre showed up on her doorstep, Tracey let him stay thinking this was the right thing for their relationship. After being there two days, she realized that she couldn't have been more wrong.
     That day she came home from working as an STNA in a nursing home and Andre instantly started arguing with her because he felt it took her too long to het home. This was the first of many fights Tracey would have to endure.
~
         "No, Dre! I said get off of me!" Tracey said and continued to pull his arms from around her waist.
     Andre tightened his grip. "I'm for real, Tray. Please! I won't ever put my hands on you like that again." Andre cried harder and tears streamed down his face wetting up Tracey's shirt.
     "Look at me! Look at my face! Look at all the bruises on my arms! I'm tired of this shit, Dre! I can't have no baby by you and you treat me like a damn punching bag!" Tracey said angrily.
     Andre looked up at her. She had a small bruise under her right eye from when he slapped her the night before. She'd made peas for dinner. He hated peas.
     "I'm sorry about all that. You know what I've been through watching my father beat the fuck out of my mother. I don't want to belike that. I wanna be better than that nigga! I can't do it without you though... And my baby. That's what's gon' make me change. Being a man formy family."
     Tracey looked into Andre's eyes. She'd never seen him like this before. So vulnerable. So hurt. She felt horrible watching him beg her to spare her child's life. Listening to him cry and plead with her enhanced the guilt that she was hiding inside. She wanted to be Andre's wife and the mother of his children. It's just that she made a terrible mistake and now she has to make it right. Andre couled never know her secret and the only way to ensure that was to get rid of this baby.
     "I can't..." Tracey said and began to cry.
     Andre stood up and grabbed Tracey tightly by her wrists. "Why not?" he growled. The expression on his face instantly chaged from sad to pissed off. "I'm not understanding you right now." he glared at her with daggers in his eyes.
     "Y-you won't..." she stammered.
     "I won't what?!" he snapped then tightened his grip on her wrists.
     Tracey was overwhelmed with fear. She had come to learn the sighns of Andre's rage. The look in his eyes, the tone of his voice. It all spelled trouble and Tracey was in no mood for fighting.
     "Okay, okay..."
     "Okay, what?"
     "I'll keep the baby."

No comments:

Post a Comment