Saturday, August 6, 2011

Displaced Anger: Andre's Story (FROM BRUISES TO BEAUTY)

Some of the toughest men on the outside are the most cowardly on the inside. Andre wanted to be the tough guy very badly but he just had too much bitch in his heart to do so. On the other hand, when the target is fragile and vulnerable, his manhood kicks right in...


     Andre paced back and forth nervously as he waited in the parking lot of Louis Pasteur Elementary school. "It's dark as hell out here." he snapped as he peered up at the abandoned building. He shuddered at the sight. Andre shifted his weight as he leaned on the hood of his car. The faint scent of urine crept into his nostrils thanks to the eerie breeze that blew softly. The fence had been taken over by foliage so the plant life made it look more like a giant wall of leaves. Andre quickly scanned the fence with his eyes making sure that no one was around.
     "This nigga need to hurry the fuck up!" Andre thought aloud. He pulled out his cell phone and checked the time. 11:53 pm. Monty was 23 minutes late. Andre started for the driver's side door. He was going to get in and call to see what was taking Monty so long when he saw headlights shining in the distance. Andre was relieved at the sight of Monty's car pulling into the parking lot.
     Monty parked next to Andre's car, turned his engine off, then got out to meet him.
     "'Bout damn time, nigga!" Andre laughed then reached out to give Monty dap.
     "Man, shut yo scary ass up." Monty replied. He looked down at Andre's hand, then up at him, and finally waved him off declining Andre's handshake.
     Embarassed, Andre filled with anger. Checking Monty would only cause him problems so he ignored the disrespect and got down to business. "Where that bread at?" Andre asked. He was ready to get his money and get the hell out of that dark ass parking lot.
     "I ain't got it, Dre. I had some shit to take care of real quick. I'ma get it to you next week."
     "What the fuck?! Naw, nigga. I need my shit now. Come up off my ends, bruh." Andre demanded then stepped to Monty's face.
     "I said I'll give it to you next week! Either that or you won't get shit. What it's gon' be?" Monty's tone of voice was serious and stern. The look on his face meant business.
     Andre knew that Monty would put a bullet in a muthafucka quick and he wasn't trying to get popped. He backed up a little and calmed down. :"What day next week?" he asked.
     "I'll call you. Tuesday and let you know."
     "Aight. Just hit me up." Andre said disappointed.
    "Aight. It's on, my nigga." Monty said then got in his car and left.
     Andre got in his car and banged his hands on the steering wheel. "Fuck!" he screamed. "I can't believe I  keep lettin' that hoe ass nigga play me!" Andre slammed his hands against the steering wheel again. "Next time he  gon' have to pay me upfront! That nigga gets no more credit!" He continued to scream. Then he started the car and headed to his mom's house.
     He called her first to make sure she would be awake when he got there.
     Pat answered after a few rings. "Hello?" she said sleepily.
     "Ma, you woke? I'm 'bout to come over there."
     "No, baby I'm in the bed. What's wrong?" Pat could hear the tension in her son's voice.
     "This nigga Monty late wit my ends again. I need $150 til next week. I'm 'bout to come get it." Andre told her.
     "I don't have it on me right now, Dre. I'll go to the bank in the morning and get it before I go to work." she said and yawned. "I'll call you when I get up."
     "No, Ma! I want it tonight." Andre said. The little boy in him came out.
     "I don't have it."
     "Well, let me come get your ATM card and go get it myself." he pleaded.
     "No! I'm not about to give you my damn ATM card. Take your ass to sleep, boy. I'll  call you in the morning, okay?"
     Andre pouted a little bit. He hated being told no, but he couldn't convince his mother to do what he asked. "Okay, Ma. Talk to you tomorrow." he said and hung up.
     "Ugh!" he screamed in frustration. He wouldn't be getting any money that night so he made a U-turn and went home.
     Tracey was waiting up for him. She was on the couch watching TV when Andre came in and slammed the door behind him. Startled, Tracey jumped a little bit. "What's wrong with you?" she asked.
     Andre ignored her and stormed into the kitchen. There were a few pans soaking in the sink. "What the fuck is these dishes doin' in the sink?!" he yelled.
     "They had food dried up in them. I was gonna wash 'em before I went to bed." Tracey called in to him.
     Andre went back into the living room, snatched Tracey up, and slapped her across the face. "Get in there and wash 'em NOW!" he yelled at her.
     Tracey grabbed her face and started to cry. "Okay." she sobbed.
     "Hurry up!" he said then went upstairs to take a shower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment